Wednesday, August 24, 2016

JUST ANOTHER LOVE POST

Jekyll Island, May 2016
It has been a while since I last updated my blog. I've been adulting a lot lately (hashtag motherhood) which I'm enjoying to bits but I do miss blogging. You know, just putting my (half-crazy half-sane) thoughts out there in cyberspace, documenting happy and pleasant memories, or even just to vent out and rant at times? I miss doing those!

Anyway, House Valencia is going on a getaway yet again tomorrow. Just for four days in an island close by. Mini-vacation but we are very excited. We haven't been out of the country since last year, and we've been itching so much to escaflage. Unfortunately, USCIS has been holding us back from Carribbean-ing, Canada-ing or Europe-ing (I wish!), so for now, we have to settle with exploring the little gems within our reach. There goes my little #rant for the day.


In that regard, I needed to catch up on my church treasurer duties before we go on vacation this weekend. I procrastinated updating the records, hence, I had a three-month backlog. I'm happy to say though that I have completed the essential 80% of it in a span of two days. Only by the grace of God! #whew


Working on the church records, I had to use a laptop, which by the way I haven't been doing since gadget and tablet ages. I took the chance to look into old, old emails of mine, which then led me to writing this blog entry. Actually, I wanted to blog initially about my adorable son who tickles my fancy to the bones, but then when I checked my email and read some of my old messages with the love of my life (yes, the equally adorable father of my son), I couldn't help but smile, and feel kilig to the bones, and wear my heart in my sleeves. So here I go writing about some sweet nothings which is I know personal, but hey, this is my blog (AKA online diary), and I've written similar posts in the past. #archives

Grand Canyon, November 2015
Eight years ago (few weeks shy) was when I first met Vince. We have common acquaintances/friends from medical/pre-med school. He and my best friend in Toronto were also schoolmates back in grade school. Small world indeed! What brought us close to each other though was our work. We were roomies at work. Little did we know then that we would be forever roomies in the future.

Although we hit it off immediately, it wasn't a love-at-first-sight thing. Coming from an emotionally traumatic relationship, I was a total mess. Meanwhile, Vince was in a happy and seemingly strong relationship, though separated by distance. We weren't looking into pursuing anybody then. We became friends. Close friends. Chummies. Buddies. Besties.
Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, February 2016
About a couple of months since our first meeting when we realized that we were having feelings for each other. We might as well blame the snowstorm of December 2008, the defining moment of our jowa-jowa-an days. Well, jowa-jowa-an because we weren't official though somewhat exclusive. Anyway, those were the days, but yeah, well played Cupid, well played.

Around eight months since we first met, he moved to the US. I was miserable when he left. There were gazillion of uncertainties up in the air and in my mind. What if this, what if that? It wasn't a perfect relationship to begin with. I was hoping for the best but I had my doubts too. Looking back and reading that one particular email I sent him when I was heartbroken and badly hurting, I just realized now the weight of my words then. Ang bigat pala ng mga sinabi ko noon and I couldn't believe I did email him that. I needed to do that though, and I'm thankful that our love for each other prevailed.

Obviously, we pulled through or I wouldn't be here right now writing about my love story. We weathered the distance. We survived! If I would choose a favorite memory of our pre-married days, it was those times when Vince would drive 16 hours just to spend a day with me. Rain or shine. Wind or snow. He faithfully did that once or twice a month for about a year-and-a-half. Up until now, every time I remember those visits, the anticipation of waiting, the excitement from my end, I still get butterflies in my stomach. He eventually got tired of driving. So one day, he made a surprise visit to me, and before he left, on bended knee and a diamond ring in hand, he asked me to marry him.
Throwback pic from 2011 in our little apartment in Pennsylvania #newlywed
Fast forward to present now, I'm still moonstruck, head-over-heels in-love with my husband. The giddy feelings I had back then during our jowa-jowa-an days have not changed. Every now and then, I would hear about a truly feel-good rom-com level love stories but ours still is my favorite love story of all time. A story that I will never get tired of telling over and over again, and I can only thank God for writing it for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love. Leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...