Wednesday, April 6, 2011

OF BABY BUMPS AND MUFFIN TOPS


One fine sweet nothings-night:

KAREN: (worrying about pregnancy-related weight gain, and being the unreasonable, overly self-conscious me) "So mahal, paano yan pag nabuntis ako, eh di lalaki na yung tiyan ko?"

VINCE: (quickly responding in a serious conscientious tone) "Don't worry, love, we'll buy you new clothes."

KAREN: *toinks*

~ end of conservation ~

Well, if I may, allow me to explain why I got dumbstruck.

I actually had the instinctive urge to blurt out, "Wait, that's not what I was expecting to hear." I was hoping Vince would comfort and assure me by saying something like, "Don't worry, love, your tummy will be as flat as crepe as soon as you deliver the baby."  By offering to buy me new (which by the way translates to upsized) clothes, it was pretty obvious he was clueless to where I was coming from or heading to. On the other hand, the idea of SHOPPING (which you probably have already figured by now) got me all excited and thrilled, so in the nick of time, I decided to just shut up and mum to myself, "Oo nga naman, may point nga naman sya.  Syempre pag nabuntis, pwede ba namang hindi lumaki ang tiyan ? Duh." LOL.

Retail therapy rules ! Yebah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love. Leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...