Wednesday, February 15, 2012

MY 3-YEAR-OLD BURBERRY BEAR

One of my lovely blogging buddies, Jess, made a post about her 10-year-old white teddy bear that her husband (then-boyfriend I'm assuming) gave her when they first met in September 2001.  This reminded me of my brown Burberry bear that I've had for three years now!


It was in December 2009 when I got this bear from Vince.  It came with the Burberry perfume he gave me for Christmas.  Coincidentally, the necktie I got him that Christmas was from Burberry too!  (That must be a sign, right? *wink*) We were doing our long distance girlfriend-boyfriend thing then, and so he had to drive from the States to Toronto just so he could spend Christmas with me as promised by him the previous year  ♥

Anyweiz, like I said above, I've had this bear for three years now, and for the most time, it has been resting comfortably on my dresser and protected from dust inside it's plastic casing (I took it out of its case just now to take pictures for posterity's sake).  It hasn't always been sitting pretty on my dresser though, because eventually I came here to the States to be with Vince, and so during the move, the bear had to be packed and unpacked, but no matter what (the Burberry perfume has been long finished; things had been thrown and given away; stuff came and went; acquired new items to put on the dresser; etc.), that bear just keeps on finding the perfect spot on my dresser ☻ the same way that Vince is always in my heart ♥

I love it that my bear's year is embroidered on his sole.  That, I think
is a clever way of adding sentimental value, and making it more unforgettable!

*********************************************************************************

For a sneak peak of what's inside my closet, please visit:


And nope, they're not for sale ☺

*********************************************************************************

19 comments:

  1. Hi KM! Super nice and super cute bear! Ladies are really like that. They love to keep memorabilias. Yes, I also like the idea that it has the year embroidered right there at the sole. Makes it more personalized and special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute... Napa thougthful naman talaga nitong si Doc Vince... Saludo na ako...Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply love this phrase:

    ... that bear just keeps on finding the perfect spot on my dresser ☻ the same way that Vince is always in my heart ♥

    Di naman halatang hopeless romantic, hehehe! Kaya nga gustong-gusto kong dumalaw dito sa blog mo eh kasi I can always feel the love is in the air ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo adorable bear you got there kemers! I too have a cuddly bear! Hubby gave it to me on a Vday too when we were still bfgf. And funny kasi he bought it while I was buying something from Watsons after our date. Kaya pala sya nawawala jusme, nandun sa blue magic bumibili ng PINK bear! haha. Napasmile talaga ko ng bongga at ang laki nya! haha.

    And pareho tayo, nakaupo pa din si PINK on my drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ang cute ng bear mo. I have a bear hubby gave to me, before I don't have a baby yet,I bring my teddy bear wherever we go,..kaya lang walang year na naka embroidered. hehe, my daughter has one bear naka embroidered yong year,parang kamukha sila at my scarf ang bear niya na color pink,sabi ng in-laws ko, I need to buy every year kasi collectible daw yang ganyang mga bear.hehehe, at hindi ako bumili this year nakalimutan ko.(sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  6. kilig moment naman etong post mo sexy... ang sakin Panda bear from China. susme kelangan ng isang blog post ang bear story ko at kadami ng pinagdaanan ni Panda Bear pati Pinatubo ash fall ha ha ha. nahahalata tuloy na lola na ako :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bear and post :) Love the last sentence, too. True love indeed :) Dropping by for TB.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3years na din pala ang lumipas, since nung ma emo mode ang love story mu girl.. ako eh walang bear.. ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! :)

    Wala akong mga ganyang stuffs eh. Super lungkot ang childhood ko!

    Pero di pa naman huli ang lahat. I can get one soon! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ang cute naman nya! It's a good thing na naka embroidered yung year. Naalala ko tuloy ang aking Christmas bear na kamukha ng bear mo kaya lang nalasog lasog ang katawan dahil pinaglaruan ng mga bata.hahaha! Ok lang di namn sya from someone special. From someone sa tabi tabi lang. hihihi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ang cute naman hehehe. I brought with me the very first bear that hubby gave to me hehehe. NOw it's part of our family as I told my kids about the story. Thanks for linking up to Color Connection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a cute bear, KM and I like that the year's embroidered, too. Ka-sweet talaga nyo ni doc. young love, sweet love, ahehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is indeed a keepsake which shares a history of your love story...visiting late for CC

    http://www.mycharmedmom.com/2012/02/champagne-pink-roses.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww! that Jess is not me hehehe, your post made me smile Sis Karen :-) love the bear, he is soft and cuddly. Vince is sweet back then now he is much sweeter :-) Visiting from #61 of 366 BPC. Hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.sportyjess.com/working-out-at-two-years-old/

    ReplyDelete
  15. aw so cute. =)

    from BPC #61.. heres mine
    http://www.justbetweenuandus.net/2012/03/at-the-librarys-playground.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. hayyy...hahha.at ganun ang nsabi ko..
    how sweet..
    from BCP #61
    http://www.irisjoehanna.com/2012/03/project-62366-blog-photo-challenge-iris.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. so sweet, you two really are such a happy pair, both your happiness always radiates.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love. Leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...