Friday, February 17, 2012

SPARES AND STRIKES

Happiness is...

...realizing there's hope after all.

After all the countless gutter balls I threw and taunting I received from the pins I've failed to knock down (as flashed on the digital screens in bowling lanes) in the past, I've proven that I am not a basket case when it comes to bowling.

I long accepted the plain obvious that bowling is a sport I could never be good at.  Competitive as I may be when it comes to games and sports, I long gave up on myself in terms of bowling.  No matter how hard I tried and no matter how bad I threw my tantrum and frustration fits, there was just no way I could roll a bowling ball to knock down those pins.  Pathetic as it may sound but I was averaging on two to three pins per roll. I would get the rarest of the rare very lucky strike once in a blue moon, but everything else was a hilarious joke.   I swear even my own family laughed at me and teased me.  That's how bad I was in bowling. I sucked big time!


But lo and behold, about a couple weeks back when Vince, I and a friend played three hours of unlimited glow bowl on a Friday night, I was amazingly surprised with my game! I never imagined ever being able to do double strikes several times and scoring in the low to mid-100s considering my hideous bowling history, but I unbelievably did all those! I even beat Vince in one game. Ha!

I know I sound like I won an Academy award or an Olympic medal, but all the people who had played bowling with me in the past would understand why I'm totally floored with my recent achievement. I swear, with the way I bowled last time, it was like the lame was made to walk again and the blind was caused to see. You get what I mean? LOL.  In fact, when my father heard about it, his exact words were, "It's a miracle!"

A world class Pinay (in my own terms and right).
Hehe!




So anyway, Vince and I went on another glow bowl date last Friday (and on V-day), and I had again a fabulous time knocking down pins.  It just makes me so happy that after all those hopeless hit-and-miss bowling moments I had in the past, I finally got the game.  In fact, I found myself a new hobby that's something I never ever really considered before ☻




*******************************************************************************

My share for:

28 comments:

  1. Nakaka- HAPPY nga yan, Karen. I can just imagine your frustration and how you suddenly got floored for hitting all pins, di lang isa kundi doble!Hurray to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aW! Ganyan din ako. Nung mga unang laro ko ng badminton, I sucked big time! haha.. But now, I can defeat hubby in a match. Sya lang naman. And I'm the winner in my own terms and right din. Nice KEMERS! Hapey por yu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a miracle agad nasabi ni Paps? Buti at naka score ka din ate.

    Di din ako maka relate sa bowling eh. Never tried it pa. Sa badminton lang ako magaling! :P

    Marie nga pala po to.. I'm using my other account! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bowling :) I am not a good bowler myself. Thanks for the visit:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats KM! That is really something to be happy about! Ako nga may matutunan lang na sports kahit hindi maging magaling okay na. Alam ko naman kasi pag di ko linya eh. hahaha. At aminado ba?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,KM congrats at na hit mo na.Happy time nga talga yan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats. I love bowling! We bowl once in a while kaso with kids di masyado enjoy lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Achieving something you never thought you could is such a happy thought. Way to go, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Buti pa kayo ni Doc Vince ate KM. Abdel doesn't want to play bowling with me 'cause he feels insecure kasi di talaga siya marunong niyan. Or maybe because I'm just better than him when it comes to it. LOL

    Anyway, congrats ate KM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Naku di ako magaling mag bowling! lagi naka canal! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice, your smile just prove that you're happy with the improvement ^_^, visiting for PF, i hope to see you at

    www.prettysinglemom.com/2012/02/granny-niece.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. i miss bowling waaaa!!! hope we could do it again this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love bowling too Sis KM, looking very sporty :-) Visiting from my 1st Happiness Is entry, hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.simplyjess.info/we-had-our-honeymoon-at-salvatores-garden-place-hotel/

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful colors of the balls Sis KM :-) Visiting from my 2nd Happiness Is entry, hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/02/our-valentines-gifts-from-daddy.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. yay! wtg Sis KM for beating Vince :-) girls rule even wife too :-) Visiting from my 3rd Happiness Is entry, hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.tropical7107islands.com/2012/02/my-valentines-gifts-from-my-husband-are-some-filipino-goodies.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice pose Sis KM looking like a bowling model :-) Visiting from my 4th Happiness Is entry, hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.mommies2ks.com/2012/02/her-first-birthday-invitation-from-her-classmate.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the pink bowling ball Sis KM :-) Visiting from my 1st Pink Fridays entry, hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.simplyjess.info/how-will-you-spend-a-20-gift-card-from-victorias-secret/

    ReplyDelete
  18. bowling is fun especially when you play it with your sweetheart Sis KM :-) Visiting from my 2nd Pink Fridays entry, hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.mommies2ks.com/2012/02/her-first-birthday-invitation-from-her-classmate.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. We love to play bowling it is fun! The best exercise din for your muscles.Lol!

    Visiting for Pink Friday- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/02/coconut-shell-coin-wallet.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. am here again for my late Pink Friday vissit from my other entry, i hope to see you at http://www.pinaysinglemomsnook.info/one-fine-rainy-monday/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never been good at bowling either, even though I belonged to a league once!

    Happy Blue Monday, KM. Be sure to check out my book giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tat is a very good sport for exercise. I would never be able to do this. The balls are too heavy for me. I do play on the WI with my great grandson and beat him nearly every time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am not a sport minded person but i have been wanting to play bowling myself. Maybe one day i will try this with my family for fun :)

    Here's my very first entry by the way :) Hope to see you in my site ^_^
    Blue Potato

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow! love ur shirt! i want to get one just like that! lol. i havent played bowling for a long time.. sa wii nalang. hehehe

    from BLue Monday! heres mine
    Blue Ocean and EMZ

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cool blue lights..


    Visiting for Blue Monday- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/02/blue-super-baby-snowsuit.html

    ReplyDelete

Show some love. Leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...