Monday, September 19, 2011

CAFFE DEMETRE

Moo La La crepe
Stressed is desserts spelled backwards.

Back in my Toronto days, me and my BFF Neil / or me and Vince / or me, Neil and Vince / or me, Neil, Vince and other friends / shared a lot of bonding moments over desserts at Caffe Demetre.  Lucky me and Neil, there is one close by where we lived.  We would walk our way to the sweet shop and sit there for hours, and just have quality time exchanging each other's point of view and sharing loads of laughter, and at least for that moment, allow our stress to be swept away by Demetre's oh-so-fine home-made ice creams and other desserts.

Tongue Depressor waffle (if my memory serves me right)
One thing that makes Demetre fun and cool is its trademark names for signature dessert creations. Demetre's full menu used to be available online, however, in order to protect its contents from internet piracy, they have limited the details they show in their website. Desserts to choose from include ice cream crepes, freshly baked Belgian waffles, awesome banana splits, fancy sundaes, cake a la modes, pies and cakes. They also serve wicked cappuccinos, lattes, cocoa, organic teas, iced coffees, ice cream shakes, and granitas.

From Here to Maternity - the name of the dessert
and my future condition ;)
My favorite is Moo La La on crepe.  It's got bananas, chocolate ice cream, almonds, whip cream, Nutella hazelnut chocolate syrup, and powdered sugar sprinkled on top.  I also tried a sundae cone version of it called From Here to Maternity.  Vince usually gets a waffle, and Neil - he vents out his stress over a yummy slice of cake and a cup of black coffee.

Demetre's is the perfect stop after dinner with friends on a local restaurant, or an evening with somebody special after a great movie on the big screen.  This place is a sure ball stress buster, however, if I may suggest, there should be a huge flashing warning sign outside each store that says:  "Not for hyperglycemics or eat at your own risk."  Hehe!

*****************************************************************

For more foodie stuff, please visit:  GASTRONOMY MONDAY

*****************************************************************

This is my entry for:



FTFBadge Weekday Potluck Every Tuesday to ThursdayTempt my Tummy Tuesdays

49 comments:

  1. Oh my! I am def drooling over here, Lan! Wooohooo! Sarap sarap!

    BTW, ung link ng Gastronomy Monday, bakit Not Found?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Karen, you shouldn't have told me that!! I'm looking them up so I can indulge... Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Miss 'Chievous: So do I ^^

    @ Lainy, thanks for letting me know na broken yung link. antok na kasi ako nung nag-po-post ako nyan :D ayan fixed na. thanks ulit, my dear :*

    @ Crystal, where have you been, girl? how come you didn't know that? lol. they have one in Toronto, two in Vaughan, and i think one in Mississauga. go to the nearest one ASAP before winter bites you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really looks so yummy but I don't have sweet tooth :-) Thanks for the post KM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm.. look delicious... ^_^
    btw, already following you Sis...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Sam, good for you, you have less things to worry in terms of diet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ blogtronyok, thanks for visiting, leaving a comment and following :) following you now as well ^^

    see you around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola KM. SO sorry for the confusion, hahaha! Thanks for bringing that up to my attention Re: Calling you up Lany. I mistook you for Ina-tay, the one who previously left a shout at my Cbox. There were many of you who are my new acquaintances.

    It definitely won't change anything. I am glad to have known you and will be looking forward to sharing more wonderful moments with you here at the blogs.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow.. looks yummy..
    I've been following you. thanks also for the comments

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Lainy, no worries my dear. Nalito din ako ng konti dun actually :D

    @ Reese, naku, hirap talaga i-resist yan.

    @ Mommy G, thanks for the follow and comment :)

    ^^ see you guys around :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes the Moo La La Crepe is melting and screaming for me :)
    Visiting via FTF.

    Here's my FTF entry:
    http://foodamn.blogspot.com/2011/09/fish-and-seafood-lovers-guess-fish-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in Toronto right now,and I hope to find a place that sell yummy dessert like this.
    Welcome and Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oH! Moo La la...super drooling here. tsalap, tsalap...Visiting from FTF. See yah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg all those desserts sound soooo good! i'd love to try from here to maternity :) Visiting from fTF!

    The Twerp & I

    ReplyDelete
  15. ^^ thank you, all, for leaving me a comment here :)

    i was just at your blogs. go check out the comments that i left for you ^^

    see you around :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. wa.. you reminded me to join Weekday potluck.. wow, the presentation is great... mouthwatering yummy... dropping by for YS.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi vernz, thanks for dropping by :) i left you a comment in your YS entry as well ^^

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow..sarap naman nito:)

    visiting from YS..see yah!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow!! that crepe really looks yummy and sinfully delicious!!! and yeah, i only noticed that now, desserts is the stressed spelled backwards... yeah!! cool! visiting late for YS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi, just dropping by for weekday potluck!

    i love chocolates btw!

    more power!

    cheers,
    Icar of http://oflimesandlemons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi izar ! visited you back already ;) thanks again ^^

    ReplyDelete
  22. The crepe looks yummy! Bad idea bloghopping at 3am. I'm starving!

    Late visit via Weekday Potluck. Here's mine: Baked Cheese in Filo Pastry

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow, both crepes and waffle looks so delicious...and i love how they called it, very unique and will make customer curious about it, sounds interesting! visiting late from last week's YS, have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. @ Gene and cheerful, thanks for visiting me. I left you comments at your blogs as well.

    see you around ^^

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh, that's one huge serving ng waffle... awesome! Thanks for linking up to Weekend Eating

    ReplyDelete
  26. @ Jenn, yap and sugar rush indeed :D thanks for hosting Weekend Eating. will see you there again :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. that's yummy!

    visiting from TB!

    http://everyday-is-a-new-day-vhen.blogspot.com/2011/12/what-i-am-thankful-for.html

    http://point-shoot-vhen.blogspot.com/2011/12/365343-344.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh wow, these are mouth-watering! the waffle looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm drooling! Haha!
    Happy Brownies, here's mine- http://lakwatserame.com/baguio-2005/

    ReplyDelete
  30. crepes for me, please:)
    too many sweets plus couple of bff's, it would surely be a bang:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. @ imriz, sure, one crepe coming up ^^

    thanks for the visit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. craving for that :)

    http://vhen.blogspot.com/2011/12/spicy-chao-fan.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. @ Venus, thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello yummy crepe! Actually, yummy food to everything! I'm suddenly craving for some waffles with whipped creme.

    Visiting via Thursday Brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  35. @ Gene, thanks for the visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. sounds like my kind of place! lol ;)

    thanks so much for sharing over at Food Friday, Ms. KM
    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  37. yum...looks delish, thank you for sharing :-) Dropping some love for Thursday Brownies, hope that you can return the favor too.

    http://www.kandhistools.com/my-little-girl%E2%80%99s-brown-monkey-and-the-blanket/

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hmmn, surely irresistible:)

    Visiting for TB! Hope you can visit mine too..

    Please click the link to comment back:)

    http://www.mommys4seasonsjourney.com/2011/12/thursday-brownies-trying-to-be-like-mommy.html

    ReplyDelete
  39. thanks for the comments, guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. hmmm, how mouthwatering. suddenly craving for ice cream now.

    ReplyDelete
  41. buti nga di ka tumataba KM..You're so lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. I-treat mo rin kami ni mama mo dyan.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love. Leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...