Wednesday, August 12, 2015

MY NEW BEST FRIEND FOREVER

Photo taken in May 2015
I had just given my two-and-a-half-year old a quick wash in the tub, changed his diaper, and was putting clothes on him. I was kneeling down, fixing him up, when he wrapped his arms around my neck. While hugging me, he spontaneously said, "You're my best friend, Mommy." He kissed me on the lips afterwards. In his cute toddler talk, he managed to express that "Vonn Kaleb and Mommy are best friends." That was one of the sweetest things that has ever happened to me in my entire life.

I'm not a perfect mom. I second guess my parenting skills every now and then. Although my husband always tells me that I'm the best mom our child could ever have, a lot of times, I feel inadequate and overbearing. Having heard my toddler say that I'm his best friend somehow validated my efforts. It makes me think that somehow I must have done something right.

The boy who stole my  ♥ 
My son, I will always be your best friend no matter what. I love you more than it's possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love. Leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...