I craved for fish last night and lucky me, there was a small pack of frozen flounder fillets in our fridge. I initially thought of baking it with instant Kraft salad dressing, but I decided to try something new, so I ended up formulating my own concoction. LOL. I know, that sounds too cocky. I'm no chef, so I don't have the right to say that. I guess I've been watching too many Iron Chef battles and Chopped episodes lately, hence, I was in a kitchen stadium mood last night.
|Almond Baked Flounder|
This is actually a pretty basic recipe. Not a lot of cooking skills needed. As long as you know how to turn the oven on, then you're good to go :D
4 flounder fillets
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon ground chilli pepper
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/8 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Season fish fillets with salt, black pepper, chilli pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Place seasoned fish fillets in a shallow baking dish.
4. Mix olive oil and lemon juice.
5. Pour mixture into seasoned fish fillets (or if you wish a dry variety, just brush the mixture onto fillets).
6. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Boil broccoli heads.
8. Melt butter in a pan and saute onion and almond. Add parsley.
9. Sprinkle sauteed onion, almond and parsley onto baked fish fillets.
10. Place broccoli on a plate, and layer baked fish fillets on top (and pour residual dressing if you wish).
11. Serve with a smile !
Although not seen in the picture above, I also prepared a bowl of sweet corn kernels on the side for a contrast taste to the sour flavor of lemon ;)
So after the kitchen stadium, I was presented to the chopping board, and the verdict:
|Don't you pity this guy? Left all alone? Not too long though, because I had him for lunch just now :D|
Please select one:
a) Vince and I were both famished.
b) The meal was really good.
c) Vince and I just love to eat anything.
d) All of the above.