1. My husband, Vince, bought us an iPad using his CME (Continuing Medical Education) fund. So, technically, we almost got it for free courtesy of his residency program. I said *almost* because accessories and extended warranty were not covered by CME. But still! Yay to apps and games for me :D
2. My nth birthday came in May. Friends from New York and New Jersey visited and celebrated with us here in Pennsylvania. We had a simple party, with Vince and me preparing all our handa. It was fun and the presence of dear friends made it more special. Vince surprised me with chocolate-coated strawberries, which because of the power failure at our apartment, he had to deliver it to me himself while I was "borrowing Internet connection" at the hospital library. He also gave me a very touching birthday card, a gift card for Ray-Ban sunglasses, and six luxurious hours of me time at The Spa at the Hotel Hershey. Awwwwww :')
3. Vince finished residency in June. Yay!! I'm so happy for and proud of my husband. He rocked the graduation ceremony by bringing home recognition awards ;) After three years of training, he is now a full-fledged family physician (well, of course, there's still the board exam which he is currently studying for - I doubt with his profession if he'll ever stop *studying*) But yeah, congrats again, love!
4. My in-laws from Toronto and North Dakota spent the week with us here in Pennsylvania for Vince's graduation. We bunked in our one-bedroom, one-bathroom apartment - all seven of us. FUN!
6. I went more often to the gym with Vince - at least, I think. Hehe! I even upped my cardio to 45 minutes several times in my desire to be beach-ready. Refer to #10 below.
7. Glow bowling on weekends with Vince. I got the hang of it, and actually had good nights when I bowled a turkey ;)
8. Nature trip and the likes. Vince and I did a self-guided canoe trip down the Delaware water gap and then hiked at Bushkill Falls (the Niagara of Pennsylvania). We also had one Saturdate at The Longwood Gardens, and finished off the night at Cheesecake Factory. Sweet! Oh yeah, we also watched the musical Mamma Mia ♪♫ here we go again, my, my! how can I resist you? ♪♫
9. And then, we found out I'm pregnant! We planned on having a baby after his residency, and what do you know, we're right on time ;)
10. Second honeymoon in Hawaii happened. Please see #6 above, and yes, the baby came before the supposedly honeymoon part 2.
11. I missed our 3rd annual whitewater rafting trip in Lehigh River :( I got so exhausted from Hawaii and the bun in the oven was definitely making his/her presence felt already, I decided to just pass on it and stay at home. Vince and the rest of the gang went ahead, of course, and they had fun *me sulking* Oh well!
12. Weekend trips to New York to visit and meet up with friends. We'll terribly miss them when we move down south :(
13. And my first trimester challenges continue...
See, even if I wasn't visible in blogosphere for three months or so, I wasn't just sitting at home doing nothing ;) I love blogging and I really enjoy meeting people and making friends through blogging and social networking, that's why I hope to blog for the rest, but I believe my fellow bloggers would agree when I say that it could also get to the point wherein you would feel overwhelmed and burnt out, so a little hiatus helps to break the monotonous routine of cyberworld. After all, there should always be balance in everything ;)
Okay, having said that, now I'm ready to share my Hawaiian adventure. Tell yah about it on my succeeding posts :)