Tuesday, April 12, 2011

FOR HEADACHES OR WORSE

Last Sunday, a day after our exhausting day-trip to Washington, DC for the National Cherry Blossoms Festival, I woke up with a terrible headache. I then felt like the room was moving sideways similar to an earthquake - only it was not really moving. Following shortly, I felt queasy. My head felt like it was going to explode. I was sick - very sick - then.

The moment Vince realized how bad I felt, he got up to his feet and quickly attended to my pain - Extra Strength Tylenol, a glass of water, basin and napkins. He carried me to the washroom when I needed to go. He wanted to stay with me inside there to make sure I don't fall. He asked if I wanted to be brought to the emergency room, which I declined. The Tylenol subsequently kicked in, and somehow I managed to throw up (from both ends) whatever toxins inhabited my body, and I felt a bit of relief. Not too long, I again fell asleep in the arms of the man I love.

When I woke up that night, I was still feeling a bit wobbly and queasy, but a whole lot better than earlier. I asked Vince what would have happened if we went to the emergency room. He said that they would have considered pregnancy, subarachnoid hemorrhage, or meningitis, and would have sent me to CAT scans and other diagnostic tests. My gut feeling tells me it was just a bad case of exhaustion/fatigue. I have not been getting good sleep prior to that, not to mention that I was out the whole day walking all my might around Washington.

To cap the night off, Vince prepared dinner. Afterwards, he let me relaxed (which means going online facebooking, etc.), while he did his usual OC-OC household chores (which mean vacuuming, laundry, folding, etc.) Since we slept off most of the day, I was up until about 4:00 a.m. that night, although Vince said he really was not able to get a wink at all.

I am really thankful that Vince was beside me during that difficult time. His presence soothed my pain. It was comforting enough to know that I was not alone during that ordeal, and that someone was lovingly taking very good care of me.

*****************************************************************


April 09, 2011 - Cherry Blossoms Festival - Washington, DC
*****************************************************************
In sickness or in health,
For headaches or worse,
Till death do us part :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love. Leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...