Saturday, July 2, 2011

HAPPY CANADA DAY 2011

Just greeting my Canadian friends a belated happy Canada day.  I hope you have been taking advantage of the long weekend either by doing fun stuff or relaxing at home, taking a break from the usual stress - enjoying Canadian freedom.  I love to tell you how I spent my July 1 holiday, but I am dead tired at the moment, so I'll save my stories for my next blog, yet I don't want to miss the chance of extending my "Happy Canada Day" greetings especially that this is the first time I celebrated it as a full-pledged Canadian ;)

As much as I want to blog more, I really need to get a power nap (I just got home but will be going out again shortly!), so I'm closing this entry with a quote from the 13th Prime Minister of Canada, John Diefenbaker:

"I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country.  This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind." ~ From the Canadian Bill of Rights, July 01, 1960

...As well, with this descriptive quote I found online:

"What is a Canadian? A Canadian is a fellow wearing English tweeds, a Hong Kong shirt and Spanish shoes, who sips Brazilian coffee sweetened with Philippine sugar from a Bavarian cup while nibbling Swiss cheese, sitting at a Danish desk over a Persian rug, after coming home in a German car from an Italian movie... and then writes his Member of Parliament with a Japanese ballpoint pen on French paper, demanding that he do something about foreigners taking away our Canadian jobs." ~ Anonymous

Enjoy the rest of the long weekend, folks ! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love. Leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...