Sunday, August 16, 2015

SHE BANGS, SHE BANGS!

There was a time when I was so active blogging that I created a separate blog, Extra Room for Happiness, for a meme called Happiness Is. I received an email from apparently an interested buyer of that blog, although I doubt the authenticity of it. Anyway, that sort of triggered me to revive the "happiness theme" in my regular blogging. I initially thought of posting this entry on that other blog but since I currently don't have the luxury of time to manage a blog, let alone two blogs, I thought I'd keep posting everything here for now. After all, More Than Sexy is my original blog, and it has kind of grown into me already, and if I were to keep just one blog, no question it would be this.

So, going back to Happiness Is, here's my happy moment for today:

"When was the last time you did something for the first time?"
Happiness is... getting a haircut!

Yes, I'm that shallow. LOL. Well, it has been a while since I had a decent haircut. Back in Toronto, there's this Korean salon I went to regularly for hair treatment and haircuts at least once a year. Ever since I moved here in the US, I haven't really found a salon that I was willing to entrust my long locks with until today!



Living in the countryside, it's not like I have a lot of salon choices either. I always had to go to the nearby city to get my hair done, and my previous experiences were mediocre. I searched online for other salons and found one that had very good reviews, so I thought I'd give it a try.

The verdict?

I'm happy to say that I was very much pleased of their service. The stylist who did my hair was so friendly and interactive. I loved that she engaged me as to how she was going to style and cut my hair. She seemed very knowledgeable of her craft. Honestly, a lot of times I could be clueless and I won't even know what I really want, like for example, BANGS or NO BANGS. It had been ages for all I know since I wore bangs, so I really wasn't sure if it was something I'd like to do again. My stylist helped me sort of arrive to my decision, and when she thought that I was having hesitations, she went easy with her shears cropping those bangs.

Yeah, I'm digging my bangs, and I'll own it. LOL. I was really happy with my haircut, so was my stylist. She also thought that the bangs suit me, and she even egged me on going shorter maybe next time once I get the hang of wearing it, something I definitely would consider in the future ;)

So how much did I have to shed for this girly girl happiness?

$30. Shampoo, haircut, and style (straight or curl) included. It was $30 well spent, and for the service I received, I thought I would have to pay more. Customer satisfaction? Priceless!

Funny though that the first thing my stylist said when she sat me on the chair was, "You have a big hair!" Yes, Ma'am, I do. Haha! She couldn't get over the fact how long my hair was, how she had to kneel on the floor to trim the edges, and how even after she chopped a chunk off that I still have a lot of hair left. Another thing she couldn't get over with was how young I look for my age. I told her she wasn't the first one to say that, and that it's because I have discovered the fountain of youth. LOL!

Okay, that's about it. I should give my bangs some rest now, literally and figuratively. Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love. Leave a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...